Passenger baggage is accepted for carriage at check in at the airport of departure or at another check in point.
During registration of baggage, the passenger given part (coupon) numbered baggage label,and the other part is attached to each piece of baggage taken by the carrier under the responsibility of the Carrier for the safety of these things since they were putting the passenger until the issuance of the passenger (hereinafter – the checked baggage).
Numbered baggage label is used for the identification of each piece of checked baggage and contains information about the name and surname of the passenger, flight number, date of departure, the airport (point) of departure and the airport (point) of destination to which the checked baggage accepted for carriage, weight of baggage. Numbered baggage label can contain other additional information.
The passenger is obliged to keep the luggage label to the baggage claim at the destination.
Since the delivery of checked baggage for carriage and the time its issuance of the passenger access to the baggage is forbidden, except in cases of identification or additional inspection of the relevant services.
The carrier has the right to check the weight of baggage carried by the passenger at the airport its landing and (or) at the destination airport. If it is determined that the passenger is carrying baggage in excess of the free baggage allowance or excess amount of the baggage check without the appropriate payment of the carriage, the Carrier may require to pay for the unpaid part of the baggage.
It’s not recommended to passengers to put into their checked baggage fragile and perishable items, banknotes, jewelry, precious metals, computers, electronic communication devices, debentures, valuable securities and other, business documents, passports, IDs, keys or similar items.
Requirements for baggage contents
Each piece of checked baggage shall have a proper package ensuring its safety during transportation and processing and excluding the possibility of causing harm to passengers, crew members, third parties, damage to the aircraft, and baggage of other passengers or another property.
Baggage that doesn’t meet the above listed requirements is not accepted for carriage.
Baggage that has external damages not affecting its safety during transportation and processing and that cannot cause harm to passengers, crew members, third parties, damage to the aircraft, and baggage of other passengers or another property, may be accepted for carriage as checked in baggage by agreement with Carrier. In such a case the existence and kind of damage will be confirmed by passenger signature when checking in such baggage.
For the flight safety purpose the following items are not accepted for carriage as baggage:
- items and substances prohibited for carriage by laws of the Russian Federation and Government regulations, rules and instructions of state bodies of the Russian Federation, international documents in the area of civil aviation, international treaties of the Russian Federation and documents of public authorities of any country to, from or through the territory of which carriage is performed;
- fire-arms, cold and gas arms;
- pepper-spray balls and cartridges for gas guns (pistols);
- explosives, firing agents and items stuffed with them;
- compressed and liquefied gases;
- toxic, poisonous and irritating substances;
- flammable solids and liquids;
- caustic and corrosive substances;
- magnetized materials;
- radioactive materials;
- wild animals and birds;
- other materials and substances which may cause harm to passengers, aircraft or property on board of the aircraft or which can be used for commitment of acts of unlawful interference with the Carrier’s activities.
Items and substances which may be carried in limited quantities as baggage:
- alcoholic beverages containing not more than 24% alcohol by volume;
- alcoholic beverages, when in retail packaging, containing more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol by volume, in receptacles not exceeding 5L, with a total net quantity per person of 5 L;
- non-radioactive medicinal or toilet articles (including aerosols, hair sprays and perfumes) as checked baggage only for sporting or home use aerosols which release valves are protected by caps to prevent inadvertent release of the contents — the total net quantity of each single article must not exceed 0.5 kg or 0.5 L, total net quantity per 1 passenger must not exceed 2 kg or 2 L;
- cylinders (weighting under 10 kg) with gas worn for the operation of mechanical limbs, as well as replacement bottles of the same dimensions, if it is needed to maintain the reserves needed during the time of carriage;
- dry ice for cooling?of perishable foodstuffs to which ICAO Technical Instructions are not applicable, provided that carbon dioxide gas can be carried in cabin baggage, and by the Carrier’s agreement in checked baggage — not more than 2 kg per passenger;
- safety matches or cigarette lighters for individual use carried by passenger on him/her (carriage of cigarette lighters containing unabsorbed liquid fuel (except for liquid gas), as well as fuel for lighters and refueling elements is prohibited in checked baggage and in cabin baggage. Air carriage of thermomatches is prohibited);
- Cardiac stimulators or other radioisotope devices, including devices powered by lithium batteries and implanted into the human body, or radioactive pharmaceuticals containing in the human body as a result of therapy.
Items and substances that may be carried in passenger baggage with the approval of the Carrier:
- small oxygen or air, gaseous, cylinders required for medical use. The cylinders must not exceed 10 kg gross weight;
- battery-powered wheelchairs or other similar mobility devices with non-spillable batteries, carried as checked baggage, if battery terminals protected from short circuit and battery securely fastened to wheelchair or mobility device;
- battery-powered wheelchairs or other similar mobility devices with spillable batteries, carried as checked baggage, if the wheelchair can be loaded, placed, fastened and offloaded only in an upright position and provided that it is shut off, battery terminals protected from short circuit and battery securely fastened to wheelchair of mobility device.
If it is impossible to load, fasten and offload the wheelchair only in an upright position, the battery must be removed and afterwards such wheelchair or mobility device may be carried without restrictions as checked baggage.
Removed battery must be transported in strong and rigid packaging and:
- packaging must be leak-tight which avoid spillage; it is required to provide roll-over protection ?by way of attaching to pallets or through its fixation in cargo compartments? ??using the appropriate fastening means, such as tightening bands, brackets or mounting supports;
- it must be protected from short circuits, put into such packaging in an upright position and surrounded by compatible absorbent material sufficient to absorb its total liquid contents;
- such packaging is to be marked with packaging placement sign, label ?wet battery, with the wheel-chair? or ?wet battery, with the mobility device? and corrosion danger sign;
- only as cabin baggage mercury barometer or thermometer carried by passenger who is ?an officer of federal executive authority in the field Hydrometeorology. Such barometer or thermometer must be in rigid packaging with sealed inner liner inside or sack of a strong material which is mercury-proof and puncture-proof that avoids leak of mercury from a package unit, wherever it is located. Carrier (pilot in command) shall be given information on such barometer or thermometer.
Passenger is responsible for carriage in baggage items prohibited for carriage or handed over for transportation in violation of the requirements and conditions of carriage set out in this rules.